Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

Sutton Mckenzie // 3 months

THREE.
I've been meaning to do this for every month, but things have been a little crazy and time has FLOWN by. I literally blinked and Sutton was three months older. It's been 13 weeks since we saw this sweet girl for the first time. Motherhood is the hardest, most amazing, and rewarding experience. I now understand why moms post silly things on Facebook, because it is truly amazing watching your child do everything for the first time. 
I couldn't imagine our life without Sutton girl. Zach and I are absolutely in love with this tiny girl. She has brought so much meaning to our lives, and I feel so blessed to spend every day with her.


She is finally being less stingy with her smiles. She smiles in response when we say hi or talk in high pitch voices. She is also all smiles in the morning or when she's sees us after a nap. She is starting to show us her personality, and it is so fun!


LOVES
Baths - she would probably lay in the bath all day if we let her. She doesn't make a peep or even show any emotion in tub. She just sits there and relaxes.
Her bedtime routine - She loves the bath, but she also loves getting ready for bed. Rubbing her down with lotion, brushing back her hair, reading two books, and drinking her milk in a dark quiet room. 
Her carseat / the car / going out to run errands - she loves it all. As soon as I put her in the car seat she is quiet and content. The car puts her to sleep and she is usually perfectly quiet back there.  When we get to the grocery store or wherever we're going that day, she just looks around the whole time taking everything in, Unless she gets hungry.. that's another story!


HATES
Tummy time - She literally cries the second I put her on her little belly. When I lay her on my chest, she instantly rolls over. She hasn't mastered rolling over on the flat floor just yet. 
Her crib - She has been sleeping in her rock-and-play in our room since she came home from the hospital. We have been trying to transition her into her own room. Which is actually a little hard for me. I love having her close and feeding her in bed with me, but I know it's time for her to sleep in her own room. She can be dead asleep as I lay her in her crib, and she will instantly wake up. If any mamas have any recommendations on how to make the crib more cozy, I would love to hear them!



PLAY / DEVELOPMENT
She has changed so much this month! I feel like she is doing something new every s i n g l e day.  She  is doing great with eye contact and following anything around the room. She is so aware of everything around her. She has also gotten more vocal. She isn't super vocal just yet but some days she'll talk your ear off with her sweet coos. She responds the most when she's lying on her back, looking you in the eye, and listening to you talk in a high pitch voice. We're still patiently waiting on a sweet giggle!
Drool... she is soaking her tops in it and blowing spit bubbles. 
She picked up her first toy. The Oball rattle I mentioned in my month three favorites.  She will pick that ball up and throw it around. I was picking it up so much, I had to attach it to her pacifier clip. She also banged on the piano attached to her jumper a few times (i'm not sure if this was on purpose but it was exciting)


SLEEP
She has always been a great sleeper.. Thank the Lord! She has let me sleep every single night since we brought her home. She sleeps 7-9 hours every night - wakes up - drinks some milk - then goes back to sleep for 1-3 more hours. She'll be up for about an hour or two in the morning then take another nap - usually an hour or so long. Around lunch time she usually takes a long nap 2-3 hours. and then sometimes an evening nap before daddy gets home from work. I love a schedule and she has done pretty well with it! 

--------------

Sutton girl, you are our world. We l o v e you so much sweet babe.


No comments:

Post a Comment